July 6, 2009

Unbelieveable!!


Last night Tim's dad called and said he needed some help with the horses. He wanted to move ours (Lady) to another pasture with their Shetland pony. So we went over there and they got them moved O.K. We all were sitting in the yard talking when Tim saw Lady run through a hot wire fence in the pasture that was blocking a ditch full of water. She then tripped really badly (at running speed) and pretty much did a somersault and landed on her head/neck. She ended up in the ditch.


Tim had started running to her when she ran through the fence, but by the time he got to her and I caught up with him, I heard him say, "She's gone." I couldn't believe it! One minute she was running through the pasture and the next minute she was dead...it was crazy! The poor kids were all with us and Sydney was so sad. It was a rough visit to Grandma's...


Apparently, Tim is pretty sure Lady must have broken her neck and died instantly when she fell--nothing we could do. It all happened SO fast. The only good thing is that she died so quickly and painlessly. I guess that would be the best way to go, with no suffering.
So now I'm sure we'll be in the market for a new horse for hunting. CRAZY DAY!!! It still seems like a wild dream today, but I know it really happened. Sad.


We'll miss you, Miss Lady.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry. That is so sad... Just know that she is in heaven with our dog "Chinook", at least that is what my girls tell me.

    ReplyDelete