August 31, 2010

Apparently I have allergies...

So for the past 3 weeks or so, I've been a mess. Sneezing, runny nose, crazy-itchy, red, watery eyes. Not to mention feeling like crap! After speaking with some friends, they all thought I was suffering from allergies. WHAT??? I've never had a problem with them, and I'm 35. Isn't it a little too late in life for me to just figure this out?

So, first I tried some Claritin--for about a week--no change. Then I tried Benadryl for several days. It helped a little, but wiped me out. And when you have an almost-two-year-old, you really should try and stay conscious. :) So then I tried Zyrtec--again no change. And frustration mounting by the minute. Seriously wanting my mojo back...

So yesterday I finally drug myself to a clinic and got a Rx for Allegra. Today was my first day on it, and so far, it looks like this might just be the magic pill I've been looking for. I still have a little bit of a runny nose, but everything else is WAY better. Hallelujah!! I'm just afraid that today will turn out to be a fluke and tomorrow will be crappy again. Saying a little prayer that won't be the case, though...

So if indeed I do feel better tomorrow again, I can get back to blogging. I know you're all excited about that! I just haven't had the energy to do the dishes lately, let alone blog. But I'm so ready to be myself again...here's hoping this good feeling lasts.

2 comments:

  1. glad you found some relief!! Give the allegra a couple weeks to work through your system before you write it off.
    Some other helpful allergy-living tips:
    Wash your hair everyday and right before bed, and blow dry it. Don't go to bed with it wet or it will just attract all the allergens.
    Change your pillow case everyday. (same thing, cause you're rubbing your hair, which acts as a dust magnet, on it all night)
    Use a bag of frozen veggies, or gel pack and put it on your face and eyes for some quick relief.
    Rinsing your nose with saline nasal spray is supposed to work as well.
    And allot yourself a half hour every morning before you get kids up for school to sit in the bathroom, sneeze your heart out, sweat through your clean clothes, and blow your nose on 1/2 a roll of toilet paper.
    Well, those are what I do anyway! :)
    Let's all just pray for an early frost!!!

    ReplyDelete