November 22, 2010

Mr. Vice President

You are looking at the new vice president of East Canyon Elementary!!! Ryan decided a few weeks ago that he wanted to run, and Tim and I were very encouraging. But I didn't want him getting his hopes up too high, because his older brother had run the same race 2 years earlier with different results and a few tears walking home from the bus...

But that's another story...

So we helped him make some cute posters ("DON'T PICK YOUR NOSE; PICK RYAN" among others :)) and write a little speech and wished him luck...and didn't really have high hopes... Then last Tuesday, I had honestly forgotten that it was "election day," and he came home from school with a dejected look on his face and said, "Guess who won for vice president...." in a mopey, sad Charlie Brown-ish sort of voice. I was so sad for him and asked who. He then put on the hugest grin and said, "ME!!!" I was so shocked! And excited! He's just always been such a shy, reserved kid, so I think this will be awesome for his self-esteem and social life. I was definitely one proud momma!!

1 comment: