January 3, 2011

New Year, New Goals...

Well, a new year has come. Of course, I should be updating this blog with pictures from Christmas, etc. Later... But I wanted to first put down in "writing" some goals I've been thinking of for this new year. I hope to look back from time to time (or at least once later this year...) to check on how I'm doing. Some goals will be easy and some may just kill me...or never happen...whatever. But at least I'm going to try.

Easy goals:

  • Scrapbook at least one page...this will be an improvement for me versus the last two years.
  • Buy my last-ever package of diapers...potty training will also be involved (not-so-easy).

Spiritual goals:

  • Write 50 journal entries this year...last year I got to 35, which I was pretty proud of.
  • 100 % visiting teaching...no more excuses!
  • Visit the temple twice a month.

Fitness goals: (ugggghh)

  • FINALLY lose the baby weight from my 2-year-old...it's time, o.k. it's past time...
  • Wake up at 5am on weekdays for my workouts...my days just go so much better when I start early!
  • Actually keep track of what I eat.
  • No calories after 7pm.

Goals involving my house:

  • Paint all remaining white walls in my house.
  • Organize my recipe "drawer"...it's so bad...
  • Organize my master bathroom cupboards...also, soooo bad...
  • Go to bed at night w/ a clean kitchen and family room, which will be a challenge for me, for sure...

Misc. goals/wish list:

  • See Brandon get his Eagle scout.
  • Trim my grocery shopping to every OTHER week in an attempt to cut back on spending.
  • Install crown molding in master and master bath??

I'd better stop before this list gets too long. I'm just so ready to make some changes and improvements in several areas. I really love the new year and the chance to reassess where I'm at and where I want to be. This list is going on my fridge. I know probably EVERYTHING won't happen, but for today, I'm motivated...that counts for something, right??

1 comment:

  1. So I am totally with you on the fitness goals and the spiritual goals. Although there is no way I can do 5:00am. I am shooting for 5:30, today I rolled out of bed at 6:00....Good luck! I love your list!

    ReplyDelete