June 18, 2011

sad day

A couple weeks ago I was able to go to Texas and visit all my siblings and my parents (and various nieces, nephews, etc...).  It was a great trip and I had a blast.  Until I was boarding my plane and realized my camera was not in my backpack.  I had no time to run around DFW airport looking for it.  I felt sick.  This wasn't our crappy little Kodak camera. Oh, no--this was my nice, pricey Canon.  I don't know what happened.  The only thing I can think is that I possibly had to take it out at security when I was looking for my ID and quart sized bag of lotions and potions...  Perhaps I set it down?  Who knows.  Point is, it's gone.  Sure, I've called the airport MANY times, but there are like 100 lost and founds at that airport, and so far, none of the ones I've talked to have my camera.  I'm thinking I should just check on e-bay.  That's probably where it is. :(

The saddest part is the pictures of my family and me that were on it.  Gone.  Sad day.

1 comment:

  1. oh no!! I think I would be physically sick!! Have you double checked with your family and whoever drove you to the airport to make SURE you lost lost it and it's not just misplaced somewhere where it can be returned?
    If it's gone, are you going to replace it with an identical one or are you going to look at other cameras?

    ReplyDelete