My cute little 6th grader has a new interest. One or two days before practice was to start, he decided he wanted to run cross country. Really? You want to run and run and run on purpose, with no one chasing you? O. K. Sure. I fully believe in letting my kids follow their interests as far as sports go. And amazingly, this has been a good thing for him. It's something that his older brother doesn't do, something that is just him racing against himself, and something that has truly whipped him into shape. I've been so proud of him for trying something new and not giving up. A couple weeks ago was his first meet. This was my first time at a cross country meet, and I have to say, they are nice and quick. First, the girls raced. Then about 30 minutes later, the boys started. Ryan might have just been the smallest boy that was racing that day, but he did great. He beat his personal best by 2 or 3 minutes, I can't remember exactly.
Clearly, I'm not in the running for Mother-of-the-Year... But I did go, and I did cheer, so that has to count for something, right??
 |
| Add caption |
No comments:
Post a Comment