June 11, 2009

Baseball scare

So Ryan had baseball practice tonight, and Sydney always plays with the other little girls there. Tonight she was playing with my friend's little girl most of the night, but when practice was over, her mom couldn't find her...she had wandered off or something. I figured she was on the playground on the other side of the school, so I got the kids in the car to go home...I wasn't too worried...

Then as I was about to pull out of the parking lot, SOMETHING made me feel like I shouldn't/couldn't leave and I should make sure she was o.k. So we all got back out of the car. Turns out she wasn't on the other playground and no one knew where she was. Everyone there started looking everywhere...in the ditches behind the baseball field, in trash cans...we were getting desperate. Afer 25 or 30 minutes, my friend finally called 911 and as she was describing what her daughter was wearing, I found her hiding in between some big rocks, perfectly quiet and still. I had just been checking the front doors to make sure she hadn't gotten inside the school. It was a miracle I saw her--she was so still and so hidden. Apparently she thought it would be funny to hide from everyone...

Anywho, I'm just so glad I stayed and helped look for her and everything is o.k. I had feared the worst, and was reminded of that HORRIBLE feeling you get when you don't know where one of your children is. Hopefully next time we have baseball it will be less dramatic.

1 comment:

  1. That is so scary, I hate that feeling in the pit of your stomach. I am so glad she was okay and that you found her. Jake is adorable, I can't believe how big and cute he is getting. He has more hair than Izzie, that is totally not fair!

    ReplyDelete