Brandon and Ryan each started school on Wednesday. Ryan is in 4th grade and his teacher is Miss Schofield. This is the first year that he won't have an older brother at the elementary school with him. He had a great first day and seems to be liking school so far. Brandon is in sixth grade, which means he has moved to middle school, also known as junior high (how old am I?!?). I think I was more nervous about it than he was, but he loved it! He forgot his ID card on the first day and was freaking out a little, but everything worked out and Mom eventually got him his card. He likes most of his teachers and doesn't mind the uniform code too bad. He just wishes he didn't have to tuck in his shirt!
Sydney started kindergarten on Thursday. She was SOOO excited! She is in the same class as her two little neighbor friends, so she is thrilled about that! Her teacher is Mrs. Browning and she loves her! This year her school has changed the kindergarten schedule. Instead of going every day for half of the day, she will go on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and every other Monday for the whole day. On her first day, I went and ate breakfast at the school with her, per her request. It was fun to watch her excitement! Then I dropped her off and drove away... Once she got home that afternoon, I asked her how her day was, and she said she liked everything except recess. What?!? She said it was too hot and she wanted to go inside, but all she could do to cool off was to sit in the shade. Never in a million years would I have thought that her least favorite thing on her first day of school would be recess! Oh, the irony!
I'm so happy they are back in school and things can get back to normal around here. I have high hopes of catching up on my scrap booking (I'm only 2 years behind...) and getting a lot of other things done. Just 5 more years and Jake can go to school!
No comments:
Post a Comment