Great Moves...
Well, I'm finally getting around to blogging about our big, fat family reunion last month. Jake and I went to the great state of Texas Dec. 28th through Jan. 2nd. It was so much fun to see everyone, play games, and eat, and eat, and eat... We were the last ones to arrive, and everyone else had been waiting and waiting to have pie and Madi's birthday cake, so they were very happy to see us!Melanie and Peter let us ALL stay at their house, which so SO gracious. It was really crowded, but we all made it work. It would have been so nice if my parents' house had been completed in time, but no such luck...
We played lots of games. My favorite was Apples to Apples, mostly because I kicked everyone's trash!! We also went bowling, which I haven't done in a really long time, and what do you know--I still stink at it! It was really fun, but I think from now on, I'll stick to WII bowling!
We also went to the Longview Stake New Year's Eve dance, which I haven't been to since I was single...more than a few years ago... It was pretty lame when I was in high school, and it still is, big surprise, but it was fun to be there with a gazillion members of my family and just play and laugh and dance. We did the Cotton-eyed Joe, each got a dance (with a dip) from my dad, and plenty of line dancing. We left WAY before midnight, which was fine with me, and even better with Jake, since he was uber-tired.
Tim had the other 3 kids at home for those 5 1/2 days. He was awesome! He remembered to take them to get their swine flu booster shots (with NO reminder from me!!!) and even took down and boxed up all my Christmas decorations. I know it was a long week for him, but I so appreciate his help and making it possible for me to go bond with the fam!!



No comments:
Post a Comment