July 29, 2010

Fourth of July

For the Fourth of July, we went to the trailer and spent 5 days there. I'm pretty sure that's the longest I've ever been camping for. Thankfully there was a pool and shower. :)
We had a great time. Lots of other Brysons were there, plus our friends, the Lewises came up with their trailer for the weekend. It was great to have lots of other kids for our kids to play with. We rarely saw Ryan. He was always in the woods with Conner and Cullen shooting his BB gun. That kid has finally decided that maybe it won't be so bad to be a hunter someday. That makes Tim REAL happy. :)
On the 4th, we drove up to Stanley (my first trip there) to see Red Fish Lake and watch fireworks later that night. The lake was beautiful, despite all the mosquitoes, and we vowed to go back later this summer and spend a whole day there. The fireworks show was surprisingly good. They lasted over half an hour. We even convinced Uncle Kippy to come and watch them with us, nothing short of a miracle. Stanley fireworks on July 4th might have to be a new family tradition...

I decided to make a collage of each of the kids rather than post a gajillion pictures on here. These are some of my favs. For those of you who don't know (I'm talking to you, Brittany Nicole, haha), you can click on each collage from Blogger and it will make it full-screen so you can see it better.

First off is Brandon. He's trying to get enough nights in a tent for his camping merit badge, so he set one up and that was his home for the whole time we were there. It sure makes our trailer seem bigger with one less person! He had a Harry Potter book with him on this trip, so he hung out in his tent and read a lot, but he did come out to play occasionally.
And now for Ryan. I realized I didn't have quite as many photos to choose from for him, since he was always back in the woods with his BB gun... He did make three big memories on this trip though.
1: Accidentally falling into Bull Trout Lake while we were fishing--fully clothed (and it was quite chilly that morning...). Oh, that I had had the camera with me then! It was pretty hilarious! I'm glad he's a good swimmer!

2: Shooting his first bird.

3: Losing his first molar.
All in all, a very memorable trip for him!

Now for my girlie.
***Disclaimer: never-mind her hair...I DON"T do it when we're camping!***
She LOVES camping!!! Especially when there are a lot of people there! She especially enjoyed playing with Caylee and the Lewis's dog Bella. Our dog, Molly, is way too hyper to let you lay on her back, but Bella would just let Sydney climb all over her and was cool with that. Syd loved it! She also loved making her patriotic shirt with Desiree. Tim and I had gone on a 4-wheeler ride, and when we came back, Des had all this paint and sponges and shirts out and was being all crafty with all the kids. I sure wish I was a cool mom like that...maybe next year!

And now for Jakey. Tim and I were remembering the other day how hard it was to go camping with him last year. He wasn't walking yet, so you had to hold him like ALL THE TIME. This year he has done awesome, though. He and Hunter, his cousin, get along really well, and he sleeps awesome in his little crib. He wanted to shoot guns like the big boys, so he would find a stick, hold it up in front of his face, and pretend to shoot. It was so cute! He also really did good with the fireworks. I was afraid he would be too scared, but he seemed to like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment