June 4, 2009

Swimming surprise

So I go every morning at 6am and swim laps and do water aerobics with my friends Greta and Lori. It is so much fun and a really good workout...one of my favorite parts of the day. Well, on Tuesday, Lori and I got there and hopped in to start our laps. We swam to the other end, then on the way back to the starting end, Lori goes, "There's something in the water!" I looked ahead and saw what looked like a cross between a huge rat and a gopher (or maybe it was an R-O-U-S from Princess Bride) swimming along the edge...seriously! It was awful! We jumped out really quickly into the freezing wind and watched the thing dive down into the water.

It never came up.

After a minute or two, I went to check what had happened, and found it lying on the bottom with its legs and arms sticking straight out. NASTY!!!! We promptly left, of course.

Thankfully it was gone from the pool the next morning and once again we could swim.

Interesting that Greta always misses the exciting pool adventures...makes me wonder if she's behind the rat this year and the frog last year (another story). Funny how she was mysteriously missing both of those times......

1 comment: