The kids were out of school on Thursday and Friday, and I have Musettes on Thursdays, so I promised them a few weeks ago that we would go out to lunch and to the Discovery Center on Friday. They had earned free tickets from doing the summer reading program at the library and they expire soon, and who am I to pass up FREE entertainment?!? So we headed to Boise. First we went to lunch at Burger King, then we went to the Discovery Center. In all the years I've lived in this valley, I can't say that I've ever been there, but it was awesome and the kids loved it. I'm sure we'll be going at least once a year now. Hopefully the library has free tickets again next summer... Here are some pics of our fun play day.
Sydney thought it was so cool!!!
This is the "Bubble Wall." It was also super-cool. I'm pretty sure none of us have ever made bubbles this big before. Bubbles make me happy. :)
The hbubble was was Brandon's favorite thing, he said. He learned that if you got your finger wet with bubble solution, you can stick it through the bubble wall without popping it.
Poor Jake was once again confined to the stroller. Poor kid...sometimes I worry that that's how he will remember his childhood...spent in a stroller...one day we'll start letting him out...of course, he's going to have to learn how walk first.
This is Sydney playing with the ball-blower (not sure what it was called...).Air blew out of the tube and suspended the ball in the air, then you could slowly move the tube out, and the ball would follow. She was pretty much amazed.
She found this big blue couch, sat down, posed really cute, and said, "Take my picture!" This girl has been trained from birth--such a camera-hog!!
Sydney's favorite part of the trip--Discovery Market. It was set up just like a grocery store and the kids could go shopping, check out (their items even made a beep when they scanned them), and bag their groceries. She LOVED it--except for the part when we were done and I informed her that she had to then put all of her things back away....
Brandon on the "Bed of Nails." He laid down on the table, then pushed the button, and then the bed of nails pushed up out of the table and raised him up a couple of inches. In was pretty cool!
Ryan loved the logic puzzles there. He has always been our "puzzle-meister" as Grandma calls him.
Brandon trying out one of the puzzles.
While the boys were playing logic puzzles, Sydney played in the "Animal Hospital." They had a bunch of stuffed animals, pet-porters, stethoscopes, and x-rays for the little ones to play vet with. She loved it, but was kind-of an animal-hog.

The funniest thing was that Ryan noticed what she was doing and joined right in. It was pretty cute to watch him fill up his cart.
My little girl and her pets. We had a really fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment