Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my car! I picked it out myself--the color and everything--BRAND NEW!! It's a 2008 maroon Honda Pilot. I REALLY love it.
But I need a break from it for a day or two. This weekend the Pilot and I had a little too much togetherness, if you know what I mean.
Thursday afternoon when Tim was done with work, we left with Jake for Salt Lake for Tim's brother Shannon's daughter Emily's wedding. After the fun drive, we got to our hotel around 10 pm. Then Friday morning, Maggie came up from Provo and took Jake to her house for the day (Thanks, again, Mags!!) while we went to the sealing at the temple and the luncheon afterwards. Then we had a couple of free hours, so we parked the car and had naps in the Pilot (more quality time with my car...it's not really made for sleeping, either...). Then we went to the ring ceremony and wedding dinner. We rather rudely left as soon as we were done eating so we could spend more time in my amazing car and make the drive back home to Idaho. We arrived at 12:30 am...
Then at 6:30 that morning, we left for McCall (2 1/2 hours north in the mountains) for Brandon's football game. Jake was SO excited to be back in his car seat! NOT!! The game was freezing cold, but his team played their best game yet and won 28-0!!! Brandon played well and had a great sac on the very last play of the game to "rub it in a little." Haha!
Then we all got back in the car for another 2 1/2 hour jaunt in the Pilot...
I hope to not go anywhere farther than 5 miles from my house any time soon. It was a fun weekend, just a little cramped for time and way too far spread out!
No comments:
Post a Comment