February 26, 2010

He's at that age...


Jake is 17 months old today. Not that that's a particularly note-worthy age or anything, but the last few weeks, I've decided that he's finally reached the age (or phase, really) that I dreaded when I first told Tim, "I think we should have one more." He is into EVERYTHING and whines so much cause he can't talk and gets frustrated...and all he ever hears is, "Jake, NOOO!!!!"
I know he is a blessing and I love him to pieces...come on, those cheeks (sigh) ...but he's seriously
trying my patience lately and I feel like I can't accomplish anything. The only reason I can blog right now is because he's napping, so I know for a fact he isn't destroying anything...
Yesterday I was putting on my make-up getting ready for the day, so I lost track of him for a few minutes. When I tried to find him, I had no luck. Of course, when you call his name, he's deathly quiet... I finally checked in the office and almost missed him. He has learned how to climb into the big chair and boy, did he think he was HOT STUFF!!! He was just sitting there being perfectly still, trying not to be found...ready to crash my hard-drive, I'm sure...
Some days I wish I could just fast-forward through the hard ages the kids go through, but I guess you've gotta endure the hard to appreciate the good...or at least that's what I tell myself to stay sane...

No comments:

Post a Comment