There's good news and bad news...the good news (well, GREAT, really) is that we got a new computer last week. I have been wanting one since last summer pretty much since our old one goes on the fritz occasionally with little or no warning. I was proud I had put up with it for so long. Anywho, Tim spent a couple days moving files and info from the old one to the new one, and I kind-of assumed he had all the pictures moved over, but turns out he only moved the ones from the last time I backed them up, which was about August of last year.....and of course, I only realized this yesterday--now that he has completely erased everything from our old, pathetic computer. SADNESS... :( He meant to get the rest later, but then forgot.
I do have a CD with all the pictures from our family reunion last month, so that is o.k. Then I also realized that I can get some of the most important ones off of this blog that I've written about, so that's what I spent a while doing last night. I made a new file folder called "Lost photos." Haha! The more I did that, though, the sadder and sadder I got as I truly realized what was missing. Things like last year's Christmas pictures....Jake's first birthday...Halloween...the list goes on. I seriously almost started to cry...lame, I know... I'm just so happy I've been blogging, and I can recover a few of my favorites from here. Now maybe I've proven to my husband just how important blogging is...haha.
So that's my sad story for the week. Tim felt really bad, and I know it was just a silly mistake, but I think I've learned a lesson in backing up things a little more frequently. I'm sure going to try and do better at that.
Cathy that is sooooo SAD! I would be in tears! Not lame at all, I am so Sorry!
ReplyDeleteI have had that happen to me before!I did cry =) Lost some of Rylies baby pictures. So sorry =(( Do you have some of them on this blag that you can save??
ReplyDeleteI lost Keely's first birthday pictures because our computer crashed. I was devastated and I cried too! In fact I even thought about re-doing her birthday party just for some pictures. Finally I decided that I had to focus on the positive side of things and realize that I had lots of photos of my kids,unlike the olden days where you only had a few. I have more than I can scrapbook and I have thoughts that I can cherish forever. IT WILL BE OKAY :)
ReplyDelete