So I have never been a runner--NEVER! But I've kind-of always wished I could be. I know most people who are runners are in great shape. But running has always been this thing that I thought only other people could do--not me. It made me gasp for air in the past and cramp really bad.
Well, I have a few friends who are going to do a 1/2 marathon in a few months. Don't be crazy--I'm not doing that! But it has inspired me to push the envelope with what I can do and what I can MAKE myself do.
In the past, the most I had ever run continuously was 2 miles, and I think I only did that twice. The last little while I have been doing Biggest Loser DVDs for my workouts, too, since I was tired of the treadmill, so I hadn't really run for a couple of months. But last night I set a goal (which I really didn't think I would meet) to run 3 miles straight...pretty much a GINORMOUS deal for me. And.....I totally did it! I can't even put into words how freakin' proud I was! Seriously, it felt like a miracle.
It wasn't really EASY, but it wasn't awful either. Thanks goes out to Whitney Houston for her awesome 80's hits that kept me going. I don't know how anyone could run without an MP3 player...
I'm pretty excited to try it again tonight and make sure it wasn't just a fluke. I'm hoping to work my way up to 5 miles--eventually.
In other news, my "leprosy" is finally under control. Since moving to Idaho years ago, my soft, supple skin of my childhood days in Texas has left me. Sniff, sniff... In its place dry, itchy, red, sometimes flaky skin has come. Thanks, Idaho, for your low humidity. By December of last year, it was really bad and I finally called the dermatologist to try and get it fixed. Sadly, it took almost 2 months to get in to see him, but after a month and a few hundred dollars (money well-spent, in my opinion) in office visits and prescription lotions and potions, I'm on the mend. I no longer feel "unclean." So I'll send a shout-out to Dr. Powell for working a little miracle on my psoriasis.
don't you dare make me look bad and do that marathon with them!! :) You and me have to stick together!! But seriously...kudos to the running! That's awesome! We just joined Idaho Athletic so now its my time to get back in the groove of things! :)
ReplyDeleteWOW - I think three miles is great! It feels like forever since I last checked your blog but I'm all updated now. I totally love the curlers - I might have to invest in some of those as well.
ReplyDelete