Where has the time gone??? I know people say that a lot, but it's so true... How did all the sleepless nights, dirty diapers, first smiles, and runny noses turn into two years? Little man turned 2 years old yesterday. It was a bittersweet day, as all my kids' birthdays are. I think I was a little more nostalgic that normal, since he's the last one. I remember SO not wanting to admit that we should have another one before Jake...and finally submitting to the Lord's will...and all the blessings that he has brought to me personally and to our family. What do you know, Heavenly father knows best...I know, it shouldn't be a surprise. I just think it's amazing that he can know what we want or need before we even have any idea that we would ever want it. I remember at Time Out For Women last week, a speaker talked about "What's the WORST thing that could happen?" She said we may even find out that we LOVE the worst thing. There was a time in my life that I thought having a 4th would be the worst thing, and now it's hard to imagine that I ever even felt that way...Long story short, I'm So glad I listened to those feelings about 3+ years ago, and I truly cherish the time I have with Jake--just the 2 of us for most of the day. He has been the happiest, funniest, sweetest, cutest thing I could have ever hoped for. I love him more every day. O.K. Enough sappy talk. On to the birthday...
He had fun opening his presents and tearing off "BIG" pieces of wrapping paper. Anything "big" is awesome in his book... His favorite present is the ball hopper-thing...I can't remember the name...but he LOVES it! He loves all kinds of balls right now--and throwing them as hard as he can--and throwing anything, for that matter, but that's another story...
Since he loves balls so much, I made him a ball cake. When I brought it to the table, he goes, "BIIIIGGG BAAAALLL!!!" and was uber-impressed. Just the reaction I was hoping for! He blew out the candles all by himself, with a little coaching from Tim. He also tried to eat a candle afterwards when he saw Sydney lick one...we need to work on learning the difference between licking and eating, apparently... I love the pic w/ his hands up high--he's showing that he's "SO Big" now. :)
My favorite part of babies' birthdays is watching them eat their cake. He decided a month or two ago that he's way too big for the highchair, and he wants to sit at the "big kid's table" now, but he can't really reach, so he just stands on a chair most of the time. I'm sure he'll be falling off any day now...awesome! He loved every bit of his cake and ice cream cone, though, and ended up w/ a cute little blue "Hitler" mustache in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment