Ryan and Sydney started an after-school karate program today. At first, only Ryan was going to do it, since he isn't in anything else right now...but Sydney has been bugging me and bugging me about it. I kept telling her that she couldn't do it because she was already taking dance, and every time she would say, then take me out of dance. But I really didn't want to rip her out of something that just started back up a month ago... But is it fair to not let her choose what she wants to do??
So today, I signed Ryan up (he's been wanting to try this for a while, and this year it finally works out, schedule-wise...) and Sydney, Jake and I were just watching. Sydney started in again with the "pleeeeease" and those big brown eyes... So I told her she could try it out and see if she liked it and the instructors. She loved it, of course. Long story short, ballerina-girl has been replaced by karate-girl.
I should've known this is the type of thing a girl w/ 3 brothers would want to do. She can be so girly sometimes, but it's not that way most of the time. She loves worms, frogs, getting dirty, and helping her daddy with all things manly. And she can't wait til she's old enough to go hunting w/ him. Go figure.
But I really can't wait to see her in her little uniform...should have pics of that in a couple weeks...
No comments:
Post a Comment