Some fun things the kids did were go for rides with Dad on the 4-wheeler, lots of swimming, BB gun shooting, playing with cousins in our "neighbors'" sandbox, building a fire pit, hiking, playing games, and fishing. And eating s'mores, of course...
Our spot up there had a fire pit once upon a time, but had been almost completely covered up with dirt and such. We really wanted our own little fire spot, so that was our project last weekend. Tim brought a few shovels up with us, and the boys carried, rolled, and kicked big rocks we found to help make it. One of my favorite pics is the one of Syd with her shovel--she's totally posing--why am I surprised?? Anyway, our fire pit turned out awesome and did the job once it was time for the campfire that evening. I look forward to many more nights around that fire pit...
When we were trying to decide on Ryan's name 10 long years ago, Tim really wanted to name him Ryan Fisher (after all, Brandon's middle name is Hunter, and he wanted to continue the theme...). I refused and eventually won that battle. Perhaps I should have let him have his way. That boy loves to fish! He caught several the first night and I cooked them for dinner, and he also loved eating them (note the fish scale in one pic). The only downside to the whole fishing experience was Ryan "hooking" his finger. He didn't like that too much, to say the least... I think next time he'll be a little more careful when removing moss from his hook.

No comments:
Post a Comment