August 24, 2011

Progress!!

It has finally happened!  Sunday night, Jake finally went poop in the potty!  There are no words to describe the pure joy felt by every single member of our little family at his accomplishment!  It has been a long time coming!  I seriously almost cried, lame I know...

I thought it was high time to post some pictures of his cute little underwear-wearing bum.  This is what he looks like all the time, because I have learned that he's much more likely to forget to tell me to go potty when he's wearing pants.  So he doesn't wear pants.  It means less laundry anyway, so I'm over it.  Whatever works to get this kid to do it!!!  What's cuter than a 2-year-old in Lightnin' McQueen underwear??
As I mentioned before, I told Jake he could have a new toy once he learned to do #2 in the potty.  I was sure he would want a big Mater, but he chose this Cars race track instead.  And he loves it.  And I have found that the threat of taking it back to the store if he has a poopy accident is helping to keep him in check.  Added bonus.
 It seriously makes him so happy!
 Gosh, I love this kid!  So happy that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment