August 24, 2011

School Days

Today was the day.  We got our routine back.  I've missed being on a regular schedule so much!  And the kids have been driving each other crazy the last week or two.  We were all ready for today.

Tim went in to work a little late so he could give the kids their Father's blessings once they woke up this morning.  Always my favorite part of the first day of school--pretty sweet!  Then we tracked their growth on our makeshift growth chart, also known as the inside molding of the pantry door.  Brandon is getting crazy tall...I only have about a half inch on him now.  He'll probably pass me up by the end of the year!

Sydney is now our lone elementary-schooler.  She doesn't seem too sad about that, either.  She picked out her own clothes for today, and I didn't even intervene and try to get her to wear something different.  Gotta let go a little, right??  She really wanted her hair in 2 pony tails, and although it's still probably a little too short for that, we made it work.  Dang, she's cute!  She was most excited to wear her new tennis shoes!
 Ryan starts middle school this year--6th grade!  That means he and Brandon are in the same school for this year and he gets to start wearing uniforms.  He has already started practicing for cross country--a new adventure.  I've been so proud of him for trying something different!  He seems to be really enjoying it, too.  A friend of mine with a cross country child said they had shirts last year that said,
"My sport is your sport's punishment." 
Haha!  Brandon would agree with that statement!
 Here's our almost-high-schooler.  I told you he was getting crazy big!  He was also super-stoked to finally be able to wear his cool new shoes, too.  And this is the last year he has to wear uniforms.  He has started football practice and is loving it as usual.  In less than three more months, he'll be 14...and going to dances...ugh!
I can't say I shed any tears when I dropped them all off this morning, but I think that's partly because I still have my little Jakey Bear here with me.  So thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment