November 1, 2009

Costumes and Candy and Treats, oh my!

Well, we did it. We carved our pumpkins. dressed up the kids, went to the church party, and went trick-or-treating. Ta-da! No, really, it was fun. I never liked dressing up as a kid, but I love getting my kids to do it! It was a fun year and even Brandon decided to dress up one last time after a long debate (he thought he was too old and cool, but I think the promise of all that candy is what changed his mind...). Ryan decided he wanted to be a mummy this year. I bought some old sheets, dyed them with tea, and ripped them into strips. It took a good half hour to get him all wrapped up! But he looked so cute...until he started moving. This picture is before our party at church. He looked much different after he played at the party....so the next night for trick-or-treating, he went as a basketball player instead. That was fine with me...no more half hour of wrapping him in sheets...

Since Sydney had her Minnie Mouse ears from Disneyland, I was able to convince her to be Minnie Mouse for Halloween this year. I made her little red dress which I love. This girl is just so cute....I love that I get to make her little dresses and that she is so girly. And I love her little black mouse nose. :)

Brandon decided kind-of last minute that he did indeed want to dress up after all, so I told him it was too late for me to come up with something cool. So he was a BSU football player. We already had everything he needed for that costume. :)

For trick-or-treating, I took the older 3 kids around the neighborhood on the 4-wheeler. Tim stayed home and watched football with Jake. I have a little bit of 4-wheeler-phobia, so Tim kept saying, "YOU"RE going to take them?!?!?" A little annoying, but whatever. True, I don't really like driving the thing on a mountain side, but around the block was o.k.

And now, here's Jake--our little turtle, Crush. As you can see, he LOVED wearing his costume. I think in total, he maybe had it on for 10 minutes or so. This was me trying to get a side-view so you could see the back. It was the cutest thing!

Here's him saying. "Can we be done now?"

"O.K. How about if I smile really cute, then can we be done??"

"O.K. Seriously, if you're not going to get this thing off of me, then I'll just have to do it myself."

Then Ryan made him laugh and we got one more cute pic before he went ballistic again. I can't wait til next year when he can go trick-or-treating and get the full experience!

1 comment:

  1. How cute! Your kids looked adorable. I still can't believe you made that dress. I'm impressed, you should get the mommy of the year award!

    ReplyDelete