June 27, 2010

Ryan turned 10!!!

I just did this whole post and it disappeared before I could publish it...thanks a lot, Blogger! Ryan had his 10th birthday on Friday! A child entering a new decade makes you a little melancholy. Sometimes I really wish I could pause my life. Why must my children get bigger??? Of course it's so they can grow and progress and learn...blah, blah, blah. I just want my little babies back sometimes. But watching them grow and become independent is fun, too. Luckily for me, Jake has been such a little baby Ryan repeat that it's like getting to watch him grow up all over again. :)

Favorite gift: WII game--big surprise!
For our kids' birthdays, we let them either have a friend party or a nice dinner out with the family at a restaurant of their choosing. Ryan chose dinner out at Chili's. And like the Super-Mom that I am, I totally forgot to take the camera. Just know that we went, we ate, we enjoyed. :) And we spent...our family is growing, and a night out at Chili's costs a lot more than it used to...
Requested birthday dessert: Texas Sheet Cake. I don't blame him--I make an AWESOME Texas Sheet Cake. But it makes this whole huge pan, and it's like a gazillion calories per serving, I'm sure... Oh that I had more will power! Notice how he licked every single morsel from his fork! ( He is SOOO my child!)
All his loot. He had a great birthday and is excited to be in Webelos now for Cub Scouts.
Some of my favorite things about Ryan:
His calm, quiet temperament.
His blue eyes (they remind me of Tim's, sigh...).
His awesome piano abilities.
The way he helps with Jake.
His snuggles.
The fact that he actually sleeps in (which is more than I can say for the rest of my kids).
His love for puzzles (like me).
His awesome back-flips on the trampoline.
He is just a great kid and I can't wait to see who he becomes over the next ten years!

1 comment:

  1. You do make one mean Texas Sheet cake, my mouth is watering just looking at it! Happy b-day Ryan, it was fun reading a little more about him :).

    ReplyDelete